Sebamed Baby Body Lotion is a gentle formula with a pH of 5.5. It ensures long-lasting hydration and soothes sensitive skin. The non-greasy formula contains an emollient complex to hydrate the baby’s skin, allantoin to keep the baby’s skin soft and supple, and chamomile to soothe the skin. Further, this hypoallergenic and calming formula is clinically proven to reduce dryness and irritation and is formulated to protect the skin from environmental aggressors.
Read this post as we review the Sebamed body lotion for babies and tell you if it is right for your baby’s delicate and sensitive skin.
About the Product
The Sebamed Baby Body Lotion is formulated to moisturize and hydrate your baby’s skin and prevent unwanted dryness. It contains natural oils, lipids, lecithin, and sorbitol that facilitate quick absorption without leaving a sticky residue on your baby’s skin, all while locking in moisture and ensuring long-lasting hydration. The lotion also contains allantoin that makes the skin soft and smooth and chamomile extracts that soothe your little one’s sensitive skin. Furthermore, this clinically tested formula helps reduce skin dryness.
- Product name: Sebamed Baby Body Lotion
- Product brand: Sebamed
- Price (at the time of publication): ₹300 (50ml), ₹570 (100ml), ₹1360 (400ml)
Sebamed Baby Body Lotion Review: Directions For Use
Applying the Sebamed baby body lotion is pretty simple. Follow these instructions.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Clean your baby’s skin.
- Pump a coin-sized lotion onto your palm.
- Apply it all over your baby’s body.
- Slowly and gently massage the lotion onto your baby’s body with your fingers.
- Let it dry before dressing up your little munchkin.
Note: Use the Sebamed baby body lotion after your baby’s bath or before bed.
Sebamed Baby Body Lotion Review: Features & Extras
Here are some of the key features of the Sebamed baby body lotion.
- pH balance: With a pH of 5.5, it supports the skin’s natural protective barrier.
- Moisturizing and emollient complex: The formula locks in moisture and provides long-lasting hydration, thus protecting the skin from dryness. The lotion also keeps the skin soft and supple.
- Quick absorption: This gentle formula is quick-absorbing and spreads evenly without leaving residue behind.
- Fragrance: It has a pleasant botanical fragrance that is soothing to the senses.
Clinically proven: The formula is dermatologically and clinically tested to reduce dryness and irritation.
- Repairs skin and relieves irritation: The lotion also contains ingredients such as allantoin and chamomile, which help reduce skin itching and inflammation, soothe skin, and make the skin smooth.
Sebamed Baby Body Lotion Review: Does It Work?
Babies have delicate skin that needs extra care, and baby products should not disrupt their skin’s natural protective barrier. Sebamed baby skincare range of products has a pH of 5.5 to promote a healthy skin balance while safeguarding it from environmental aggressors.
The Sebamed Baby Body Lotion is specially formulated with natural oils, lipids, lecithin, and sorbitol to provide good hydration and protect the baby’s skin from dryness. It also contains allantoin, which helps soften the skin and makes it smooth and supple. And what’s more, the chamomile extracts help soothe the skin, and the lotion has a mild and pleasant botanical fragrance.
Sebamed Baby Body Lotion Review: Is It Worth The Money?
For parents and caregivers looking for a multipurpose baby lotion that can support the baby’s natural skin barrier, hydrate and soothe the baby’s skin, and make the skin soft and supple, the Sebamed Baby Body Lotion is a good choice.
The pH-balanced baby body lotion spreads easily and evenly and absorbs quickly without leaving any greasy residue. And you require only a small amount of the lotion to cover your baby’s entire body. Moreover, it is clinically proven to hydrate the skin and is free of nasties such as parabens and propylene glycol.
Who Are Sebamed’s Competitors?
Some of the top competitors of Sebamed in India include Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), Aveeno, Cetaphil, Himalaya, Mamaearth, CeraVe, and Bioderma.
Sebamed Baby Body Lotion Review: The Final Verdict
The clinically proven Sebamed baby body lotion hydrates your baby’s skin and helps make it smooth and soft. Additionally, it also supports lipid balance, protects skin from dryness, and prevents irritation and allergies. It is gentle and free of parabens and propylene glycol, making it safe for delicate and sensitive skin. With a pH of 5.5, it safeguards your munchkin’s skin from skin infections and promotes skin renewal. You and your baby will love the lotion’s soothing properties and mild and pleasant fragrance.
Editor’s Rating: 4.7
We love that the Sebamed baby body lotion offers long-lasting hydration and provides several other benefits. You may use it to soothe your baby’s dry and irritated skin, maintain your baby’s natural skin barrier, or make their skin soft and smooth. The formula is free of nasties and is clinically tested to prevent allergic reactions. It also spreads evenly and quickly and is non-greasy and quick-absorbing. We recommend you apply it on your baby’s skin after each bath and before putting your baby to sleep at night.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Sebamed baby body lotion safe for my baby’s skin?
Yes, the Sebamed baby body lotion is formulated with skin-friendly ingredients and has been clinically tested to prevent reactions and allergies. Additionally, the dermatologically tested formula is free of parabens and propylene glycol.
2. What are the key benefits of using Sebamed baby body lotion?
It is formulated to protect your baby’s skin from dryness and helps maintain the skin’s natural protective barrier. Additionally, this nourishing lotion for baby’s skin promotes smooth and soft skin and soothes sensitive skin.
3. Can I use Sebamed baby body lotion on a newborn?
This gentle lotion is formulated to be safe for use on babies older than seven days. However, it is recommended you consult a pediatrician before using any baby lotions or cleansers.
4. How often should I apply Sebamed baby body lotion?
You may apply this pH 5.5 based baby body lotion daily—after a bath or before bed. Ensure you apply it on clean skin.
5. Is Sebamed baby body lotion fragrance-free?
The Sebamed moisturizing body lotion for babies has a mild and pleasant botanical fragrance that is soothing to the senses.
6. Can Sebamed baby body lotion help with common baby skin issues like dryness or eczema?
This Sebamed lotion for infants and babies can help with skin dryness due to environmental factors or moisture loss. However, if your baby’s skin shows signs of excessive dryness or eczema, consult a dermatologist or pediatrician. You may also want to try lotions and soaps specially formulated for eczema-prone skin.
7. How does Sebamed baby body lotion differ from other baby skincare products?
Unlike regular body lotions with a pH greater than 7, Sebamed baby body lotion has a pH of 5.5. It also has natural lipids and emollients to smooth the skin and provide long-lasting hydration.